Workplace Well-being in the 21st Century
University Staff Needed to Participate in a Research Study
You may be eligible to participate in a research study about the factors that enhance workplace well-being, including work satisfaction and engagement, across the lifespan. The information you provide will be of value to the knowledge we have on workplace well-being in the 21st century. Study results will be published using aggregate data only and will be available to study participants upon request.
This study is being conducted by doctoral candidate Jackeline Torres, under the supervision of Dr. Margaret Beier, professor of Psychology at Rice University in Houston, Texas.
Who is eligible?*
You may be eligible for the study if you:
- Are 18 years of age and older, and
- Are currently university staff working at least 20 hours a week, and
- Have at least a little or more opportunity for in-person interactions with colleagues
Faculty, postdocs, and staff who are in a leadership position in their current main job are not eligible for the study.
What will you be asked to do?
- Complete one 20 to 30-minute, online survey about your perspective of your work behaviors, attitudes, and performance.
- In order to strengthen the study design, you will also be asked recommend two colleagues who can provide an outside perspective of your work performance in one brief 10-minute, online survey. Colleagues will receive a $10 Amazon gift card for completing the survey.
- You will receive up to $20 worth of Amazon gift cards: specifically, a $10 gift card for survey completion and an additional $10 gift card when a colleague completes the survey.
Interested in Participating:
Contact us today or determine study eligibility and access the survey using the link below.
University staff at Rice University:
Take the Survey
Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
If you have any questions, or are unsure if you meet eligibility requirements, please contact:
Dept. of Psychological Sciences
|This study was approved by the Rice University Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects on 6/10/2019; approval of this form expires on 6/10/2020.
If you have concerns or questions please contact Stephanie Thomas, Compliance Administrator -IRB, at Rice University.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 713-348-3586